SECURITY CERTIFICATE (ISSUE – RENEWAL – VALIDATION FOR EXTRAORDINARY EVENT)
The Safety Certificate is the document that certifies the compliance of the pleasure craft with the provisions of art. 50 of the Ministerial Decree 146/2008,
RELEASE (Initial visit)
The safety certificate is issued, upon initial registration in the recreational craft register on the basis of a certificate of suitability issued by a technical body. The unit is subjected to a complete assessment of the safety and navigability features.
RENEWAL (Periodic visit)
The safety certificate is automatically renewed every five years, following the issue of a certificate of suitability by a technical body. The boat is subjected to a view for the renewal of the safety certificate.
VALIDATION (Occasional visit)
In the event that the unit has suffered serious breakdowns or innovations have been made or has undergone changes to the non-essential technical construction characteristics, the safety certificate is subjected to validation on the basis of a certificate of suitability issued by a technical body. The checks will be carried out to evaluate the restoration of the essential requirements on the basis of which the safety certificate was issued.
ELIGIBILITY FOR RENTAL (Release – three-year renewal – validation)
The pleasure craft (boats or boats) used in rental activities must have the certificate of suitability issued by the Maritime Authority. Pursuant to art. 80 of the Ministerial Decree 146/2008 are subjected to the following visits by a notified technical body which issues the declaration of suitability for rental:
- Initial visit, before use in rental activities, with the exception of units placed in service for the first time;
- Periodic visits, at the expiry of the validity period of the rental eligibility certificate (3 years);
- Occasional visits when the need arises.
RELEVANT MODIFICATIONS OF UNITS NOT CE MARKED
As foreseen by the “circular MIT PROT. 0014281 of 21/05/2019 “, any modification of the unit that produces effects on the essential safety requirements established by Legislative Decree 171/2005, must provide for a procedure for confirming these requirements by a notified body.
The following cases are part of the relevant changes:
• Change in main dimensions;
• Variation in the number of transportable people;
• Power variation;
• Variation in the number of engines installed;
• Change in the transmission system;
• Variation of the fuel system;
• Extension of navigation limits;
• Variation of the arrangement of the weights on board;
• Structural changes.
The unit will be subjected to a visit to verify the safety requirements, upon successful completion of these checks a certificate of suitability will be issued.
CE MARKING FOR LEISURE UNITS FROM 2.5 MT UP TO 24 MT
Directive 2013/53 / EU provides that newly built boats, up to 24 meters in length, must be in possession of the CE marking in order to be placed on the market in the European community.
For the purposes of CE marking, the ANS technical body applies the following modules:
• Module A1 – Internal production control combined with official product tests
• Module B – EU-type examination (for series production)
• Module G – Verification of the single unit
• APC Form – Post-construction assessment (in case of changes to existing CE units, self-construction, change of intended use, extension of navigation limits, etc.)
CE MARKING COMPONENTS
The CE marking of components in the nautical sector is a necessary requirement for all boat components placed on the European Community market.
Directive 2013/53 EU provides for the obligation of CE marking for the following categories of components:
• Device that prevents the starting of outboard motors with headed gear;
• Steering wheel, steering mechanism and wiring;
• Fuel tanks intended for fixed installations and fuel lines;
• Prefabricated hatches and portholes;
• Fire protection for inboard and stern petrol engines and for spaces containing petrol tanks.
ACOUSTIC EMISSIONS CERTIFICATION
Pursuant to EU directive 2013/53, for the purposes of the CE marking of the product, necessary for its placing on the market in the European Community, it is mandatory to certify the noise emissions of personal watercraft, propulsion engines installed or intended to be installed on pleasure boats and pleasure boats themselves. The assessment procedures vary according to the type of issue.
Renew your Certificate
Error: Contact form not found.